Saturday, April 23, 2011

trip to the emergency room.

So as most of you know I been sick, with what I thought was just a sinus infection! Not exactly! I have had this hacking nasty cough for a week now, and I been having ups and downs of feeling better then worse the next day, well today was one of those worse days! I woke up feeling like poo, went to work and told my manager I wasn't feeling good and if anything happened he would know what's going on, but after work I went to get my boyfriend his easter basket, and well all of sudden it started hitting me hard, I got light headed and started heavily breathing trying to catch my breath, I got home called my mom and was telling her what was going on and she told me to head to the E.R.! Of course my freaking luck I didn't have gas, so I had to stop and get it well my lungs didn't like that I was literally gasping for air, seeing double and flipping shit thinking I was going to die, I almost pulled over to call the ambulance but my little brother called instead worried about me, he calmed me down saying to relax and drive! I was all by myself in the car driving so I was a little worried I was gonna pass out so he stayed on the phone until I got there! Well after x-rays of my chest, 2 shots in my hiney later comes to find out I have acute bronchitis! JUST MY LUCK! 


What causes acute bronchitis?
Acute bronchitis is usually caused by a virus. Often a person gets acute bronchitis after having an upper respiratory tract infection such as a cold or the flu. In rare cases, acute bronchitis is caused by bacteria.
Acute bronchitis also can be caused by breathing in things that irritate the bronchial tubes, such as smoke. It also can happen if a person inhales food or vomit into the lungs.

this is how I feel & probably look (well kinda im not a guy though)

but after realizing I keep getting sick is probably because I smoke (nasty I know, i have tried and tried to quit)
but now I have too, that is if I want to breathe normally and not feel like I am dying.
It is either quit now and have a chance to become healthy again or continue and feel like this until I die from it! 
So ding ding ding, we have a winner 

TIME TO QUIT SMOKING! 


Day 1 - Approach me with caution
Side effects may include: bitch mode, irratiable, short tempered, and plan out mean! 

My lovely boyfriend is the one who took my cigerattes  and ligthers so I wouldn't even have the temptation to do so, because believe me I would, but thankfully I have someone in my life who finally not only cares about me, but my health and future! I am on cloud 9 today even being sick as a dog but just knowing I have him in my life makes me one very happy girl! 
but anyways...

Have any of you guys quit smoking ? or trying to do so? or even know someone who has?
any tips or advice?






4 comments:

  1. Take it a day at a time! My husband smokes and he's constantly trying to quit. As long as you WANT to then you can:) Try getting the patch and weaning yourself down nicotine wise! Hope it works out and you start feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Poor us, I just got back from the ER not very long ago, I have a double ear infection, bronchitis, sinus infection, and strep throat. I feel so bad. I need to quit smoking also, I get bronchitis almost every year. Smoking is so gross and I will be the first to say it, I hate smoking but for some reason I just do it. Ahh..The power of addictions.

    Get better soon! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh mannn.. u have it bad, i am so sorry girl and hope u get to feeling better! I am the same way when it came to smoking, i know it is gross, i just had the urge to do it, but now i am going to quit its gonna suck at first but i know i can, im on day 2 and it blows but u just have to have the self-motivation to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! I am going to this summer when I don't have the school excuse. I need to quit for sure, I don't want to be the mom that smokes around her kids. I was the kid that was smoked around and I don't want that for me kids for sure. It's not right to not have a choice really.

    Good luck, you can do it! Just stay strong, chewing gum helps me, and eating sunflower seeds!:)

    ReplyDelete