Thursday, May 5, 2011

why can't you just be happy for me?

WARNING: VENTING POST! 

So today I went and applied for school at our local community college! 
I am very proud of myself because I also make an excuse not to, and today I was not going to make another one and finally just went something i been planning to do since I moved back to bama! 

I would think since my dad has been pushing me to go to college since I graduated 2 years ago and do something with life/myself that he would be happy for me! I guess I was WRONG! 

Lets start off with..
First off, he is pissed off at me for not wanting to follow in his footsteps, like my sister did! 
Secondly because I started that beach body coach with him and I am not wanting to do it anymore because I wont have time when school starts and having another full time job! 
So what does he tell me when I tell him I am now a college student and not even letting me finish! 
" you only applied, your not a college student until you do more than apply anyone can do that"
WTF? REALLY????

Then he wanted me to watch some video about the beach body coach, i tell him i cant because I am looking at some school stuff which is what I was really doing! 
He goes "ha yeah right we will see how long that will last!"

The one person who I thought was gonna be the happiest for me, just said one of the most hurtful things to me! I am crushed why would a father say that to their own daughter?

I know me and my dad do not have the best relationship, and we are the total opposite when it comes to a lot of things! Me not doing what he wants me to do all the time is one it is my life not his, and not wanting to go to the catholic church is another my decision not his! He calls me the black sheep of the family I never do anything right and he always has to crush my dreams! I sware if it wasnt for my mom I would not talk to him! Ugh I am so hurt right now and pissed! 

What would you do if you were in my situation? 


2 comments:

  1. Ouch.

    I would sit him down and talk to him and let him know the way he is acting hurts you. Confrontation is the best way to handle things in my opinion. It gets it all out in the open and sometimes people will realize that they are actually in the wrong.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where at in Alabama do you live? My mama was born and raised in Eufaula, and I visited there every summer! :)

    ReplyDelete